Apr 22, 2010

My Worth

In a brief conversation, a man asked me; a woman he was pursuing, the following question, "What kind of man are you looking for?"

I sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking "Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said "Yes."

I began to explain...


"As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what can HE do for me that I can't do for myself? I pay my own bills. I take care of my needs without the help of any man...or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked back at me. Clearly he thought that I was referring to money. But I was quick to correct his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life. "

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked me to explain.

I took a long breath and said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man.

I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked...believers mixed with non believers is a recipe for disaster.

I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden.

I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.

I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his own business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. Woman was meant to be a helpful mate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself.

When I had finished my 2 cents, I looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."

I smiled and replied, "I'm worth a lot."

9 comments:

  1. The almOst perfect answer @ the end :),
    Thax 4 the nice and interesting read.

    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question is what a man is looking for a woman? Why doesnt this question pop out at all??? WHY???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said,thumbs up girl..100% true <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit him in the face and he still doesn't know what happened I guess! :P
    I have always said that the man whom I will call my man must be able to intrigue my mind, arouse my body and make my heart shiver! But I love LOVE what you said here, especially how you related being submissive with respect ;))

    RESPECT to that!

    On another note, I liked the blog's previous theme, it was more like you I guess. This has neutral colors, a bit cold! You're a hyper and a passionate girl, where are the COLORS?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it is nice, but yet again it's only nice as a women fantasy, come on cant stop thinking that she thinks too much of her self, now don't get me wrong, she should think that, but as you mentioned the word *perfection* too many times, yet you forget that we are only human, i would tell her, you don't have to worry about perfection, cause we will never reach it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the man was right by saying that the woman was askign A LOT and true, i must say that she must be worth a lot as well. though did it ever cross her mind what can she offer the man? the things she has whom she referred to A LOT may not be the things the man may need at all.

    basically, what i'm saying is that, it's a two-way street. both ENDS must meet somewhere and it's a matter of tolerance and acceptance that will keep the ball rolling. effort must come from both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Haitham :-)

    N989: waiting for a man to tell us what they want so we don't keep guessing i suppose..be that man

    Tala: thanks hun

    Zeina: you make great points there too, the previous theme does in fact resemble my passionate spirit, but this is easier on the eyes. I don't want the readers to get headaches :-p

    Dear Anon: there is nothing wrong with striving for perfection, why be mediocre when you can rise above it & shine? in anything u do. and if you feel you can't reach perfection, then enjoy life on the safe side with all the other normal people. i on the other hand strive for bigger things in life.

    Dear Abdul, i think you know when a woman falls she falls 100% and if u haven't experienced that, i feel you're missing out BIG TIME.
    but you're right i didn't state what i would offer the guy in return simply because that wasn't the question.
    i don't like too much talk and no actions, they speak louder than words anyway. maybe that guy will ask me what i'd offer him in return in another convo & i'll blog about it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blah :p, it seems we have different definition for perfection, my point was that as long as you're a human, you're never perfect, beauty it self is never perfect, you only need to love what you do, have a challenging, curious, imaginative soul to shine as a person and in whatever you do, trying to find your imperfections instead, yet people like you throw away what they could have by insisting on perfection, something you cannot have, and this saddens me a lot, as i see it as slow death, to stop looking for perfection, is the essence of being a human.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woman rubbed the lamp and the Gene came out asking her shobeki lobeki...

    She pulled Middle East map, saying
    Gene, do you see these countries, I want them united, I want them to stop fighting and to love each other.

    Gene looked at her saying, Ma'am i am only 400yrs old Gene, your request requires a gene of 1500yrs and above, give me another request please.

    The lady: ok... fine
    I was a man, who loves me more than anything in the world, cares about my needs more than anything in the world, laughes at my jokes, and caring to my children, likes my parents and prefers vacation with them over anything in the world...

    Gene: Ma'am, give me the map again, let me see what i can do.

    My point is: Dear We are simple creatures, our minds can't work out all what you have asked for, you ought to choose maximum one or if you are lucky two of your above needs and set them... I am sorry but I am a man and this is the truth

    ReplyDelete